1.What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
Dyed my hair pink
Got a tattoo
Fell in love
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t think I made any for this year and if you had told me at the beginning of the year this is where I would be I would not have believed you.
And yes I have a few i want to make for 2010
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Louisa had baby Nicola
feel like I am missing someone else so please let me know if I have missed a really big one?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
I came home to SA and that was the best thing ever, went to UK for sisters wedding but besides that just enjoying being back home.
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
7. What date(s) from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
24 January – flew back to SA for a holiday
14 March – decided not to go back to the UK
28 August – a day that changed everything, things could have been very different, but I think it is better that they are not, I never again ever want to be in a situation like that again.
22 October – the offer, who would have thought it could lead to so much happy.
3 November – first time away from the kids, holiday in CT.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Being strong enough to leave and discovering who I am in this process.
9. What was your biggest failure?
There are things I have done which I am not proud of and people that I hurt that I wish I could undo, but from all of it we learn.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I guess buying my own car was a good thing, but the best things were my boobs and tattoo.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
My friends and family that supported me through this year – guardian angels
Aequitas for being so calm, dealing with my all over the place chaos and making me so happy.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
I think the saying that there is nothing like a divorce for you to see who your friends are – is true.
There was one email about my blog that upset me a lot
My own behaviour at time really made me sad
Ex and I and the way we seem to always land up interacting with each other is not healthy, I really hope we can move past these roles that we so damaging in our relationship. I am as much to blame and I need to learn to react less and be calm in the dealings we have to have with each other for the kids sake.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Living expenses takes the constant flow of money the big purchases were car and boobs
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My boobs – gosh I really do go on about them a lot – forgive me but they have changed my life
ART – I am excited that it might actually work ( sorry to be cryptic about this one but all will be revealed soon)
my awesome boyfriend 😉
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Who I was born to be – Susan Boyle
Just say yes – Snow Patrol
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
Happier or sadder? Happier
Thinner or fatter? Thinner
Richer or poorer? Financially much poorer but emotionally much richer
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
You know this year I survived and that is really all that counts, I laughed when I could, I made awesome friends. I am not sure there are things I wish I did more of – maybe just sleep. I get very very little sleep. 3-4 hours a night is not really enough.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
The obvious ones are to wish you had worried less or worked less or been less sad but all these things shaped me this year.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
I spend with my family. For me it is all about the kids
21. How will you be spending New Year?
With Aequitas at a braai/house party in CT
22. Did you fall in love in 2009?
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favourite TV programme?
I don’t have a TV so I really did not watch much this year
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No, too much effort to really hate someone all it does it take from you
26. What was the best book you read?
Now this is actually something I did wish I had done more of this year, I had very little time to read so, next time this year I hope I have a few to write here.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Just discovering music again, and it has been great. Aequitas put so much cool music on my PC. I really like 30 seconds to Mars and 3 Doors Down and funny enough Disturbed has grown on me. And of course rediscovering how much I like going head banging – just not the neck pain the next day.
28. What did you want and get?
I wanted boobs and am so happy with them
I wanted some happy – I got it just in time for the year to end
29. What did you want and not get?
I wanted a divorce – not happened yet
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
I did not actually watch that many but I liked D9 and Zombie Land was so out of my normal but it was fun
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 32 this year, I was in the UK for my sisters wedding and my friend Ghilraen made it a really special day
32.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
Gosh I am not sure i have fashion concept but this year I was a lot more me in my clothes and style. I am in love with Big Blue and can spend way way too much money in that shop, there are the coolest trousers there that i covet but can’t afford
34. What kept you sane?
and I guess, although it feels like they drive me mad sometimes, my kids gave me a reason to get up each day and carry on. I love them so much.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I still quite like Wentworth Miller
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
I think social issues stir me more than politics, it is after all like George Orwell says just a different set of pigs.
37. Who did you miss?
My Home school group in the UK, it was lovely to have a group of like minded friends that all got on so well despite being so different.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Twitter and blogging means that I have met so many awesome people this year that have changed my life in so many ways, guardian angel, And of course Aequitas
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
being true to yourself is not always the most popular or easy way to go but it is well worth it in the end.
40. Quote that sums up your year.
I know this one is a tiny bit soppy and I don’t believe in the religious icon kind of angel, swooping and swerving against a bright blue sky. My angels are down here, in the trenches, keeping me safe.
“Angels are the guardians of hope and wonder, the keepers of magic and dreams. Wherever there is love, an angel is flying by. Your guardian angel knows you inside and out, and loves you just the way you are. Angels keep it simple and always travel light. Remember to leave space in your relationships so the angels have room to play. Your guardian angel helps you find a place when you feel there is no place to go. Whenever you feel lonely, a special angel drops in for tea. Angels are with you every step of the way and help you soar with amazing grace. After all, we are angels in training; all we have to do is spread our wings and fly!” Author Unknown
Bring on 2010 – PHG