Goodness I really blended into the wall today. We will have to work on a better background! And I must not wear light colours.
I turned 40 and was really spoilt. A lovely tea with my sister on the day and a picnic with friends on the weekend.
Yme got me a Nostepinne but I am unsure how one says that, maybe Disa can help as I believe it is a Scandinavian word.
Sharon gave me some lovely yarn from Knitglobal
Caroline -quiltercaroline on Ravelry sent us a wonderful house warming gift. She also sent Rachel and I a copy of her Mountain Air shawl which is beautiful.
YarnderWoman sent me the Radical Red pattern for my birthday which I am looking forward to trying.
Clare Devine has released her first sweater pattern Kimmeridge cardigan in Aran weight, it is a beautiful design so check that one out. It is from her From Dorset with Love collection
I cast on the birthday sock yarn blank that WoolDiaries gave me from [yorkshiredaleyarn](yarn) I am doing the Speckled Space Socks which is a free pattern on Ravelry.
What else am I working on?
So Faded sweater is coming on well and I am on the last colour for the body now. This has been a great knit.
Winter is coming Grande is the bigger version of the Winter is Coming Shawl pattern that I designed as my first pattern on Ravelry.
I do think that i need to start adding more stitches before I do my heel again. I do have a very high instep but got a bit lazy with adding stitches.
I am still working on the Eco Fusion cowl for my sister.
Reminder that this is the last month to get your Finished Objects in the Wonders of the World Africa FO thread. There are some amazing prizes to be won.
– Misslamotte sock yarn in Cliftonesque colourway
– Toy Rabbit kit from ColourSpun won by lilymaya ( I have not forgotten I promise)
– Alpaca yarn from Btrix Yarn
– Project bag from Yarn Bling wooldiaries won by Debfinite
– Gerlene sponsored 2 prizes from Ireland, one of which has gone to Ruthynoemy already
– Hartlam mixed Agapanthas yarn was won by SASenior
– Aditis Shop on Etsy is giving a wonderful project bag from Paris in Shweshwe fabric
– Shawl quantity of Eco Fusion by Nurturing Fibres was won by Fmarianab
– Theselittlehands of the These Little hand podcast donate 4 wonderful project bags which she made for the giveaway
– South African Colouring in book
– Imcompareable hand made ceramic buttons
– BeinspiredSA beautiful jewel tones sock yarn blank won by Averil
There are 2 prizes that I subsequently found that I will mention next time
Thanks for watching and I hope Rachel is back with me next week, it now feels weird to do this on my own.