Welcome to Episode 21
Happy New Year everyone.
1) Christmas socks in Electric Carnation Twinkle Sock, Pretty Treee colourway 75% Superwash Merino, 20% Nylon and 5% Silver Stellina find her on Hello Pretty
Cast on for the Little Bobbins Christmas Eve knit-a-long
2) Bonny by Tin Can Knits in Hartlam Sutherland Lace in Sweet Nothing Colourway 75% Superwash Merino, 20% slik, 5% Stellina
Works in Progress
1) New Years socks January yarn for the 2015-sock-a-long
Hartlam in Calvinia Sock base High twist 80% Superwash Merino, 20% Nylon in New Year’s Confetti. I am knitting vanilla toe up socks.
2) Clare’s socks are from Hartlam in Calvinia Sock base High twist 80% Superwash Merino, 20% Nylon in Run the Gauntlet colourway
3) Sock Yarn Blanket I am using this pattern as a guide but with 41 stitches
1) First finished object in the FO thread – fastest needles first
2) Chattiest person in the chat thread
3) Most finished objects
4) Random draws from the finished objects thread
5) Best where I live story
Come join our Where I live KAL. This is to celebrate the Mzansi South Africa on my Needles that has just been released. Come and share about your part of the world. Any project can be entered into the KAL as long as you can tell me how it relates to where you live. Maybe the colours, or the style or just that you need it against the cold, or to cheer you up in the grey. You do not have to knit a pattern from the book, but you do get extra entries for knitting from the collection.
You must be a member to the Pink Hair Girl Designs Ravelry Group
Start Date: 12 October 2014
You can enter any project started between these dates, but not before or after.
You can use your project to join this KAL and others KALs too, just check their rules too.
There will be prizes, I am trying to make the prizes have a very South African feel and will add them as we go.
Every project you finish that you can tie to the theme during this time can be entered.
No limit to the number of times you enter, each entry must just have it’s own post so it gets a number for the draw.
Any pattern and any yarn is welcome, you get 2 extra entries for knitting a pattern from the Mzansi South Africa on my Needles so 3 entries in total for knitting from the collection.
To enter your project, post a picture of the completed item in the FO thread and tag them with PHGwhereIliveKAL. Remember a new post for every completed project.
The thread will be locked the midnight of 31 January 2015 South Africa time and winner(s) drawn using the random number generator on the next podcast following that. ( please note the extension until 31 Jaunuary 2015 to give you more time after the very busy end of the year time)
I will announce the winner on the podcast and earburn you on Ravelry, from that point you have 30 days to contact me to claim your prize or it will be forfeited.
Thanks for watching