Welcome to Episode 5 of the Pink Hair Girl Podcast.
These are the show notes for this episode.
Sock knitters Prize
This prize consists of everything you need to start knitting socks
Yarn: Hartlam in the Calvinia Sock base 80% Superwash Merino, 20% Nylon in the Howling North Wind colourway which Michelle specially dyed for the giveaway. If you can’t wait for the giveaway it is available in her on line shop.
Needles: Knit Pro Nova Fixed circular needles in 2,5mm with 100cm cable from Natural Yarns Gina at Natural yarns sells a lot of the natural locally available yarn here in South Africa. It is well worth a look around her site.
Pattern: Sock Anatomy ebook by Clare Devine. 9 sock patterns for babies to teach you everything you need to know about socks and the different toe and heel constructions. Clare’s attention to detail and beautifully clean layout make this book a dream to knit and learn from.
How to enter:
1) watch the podcast and then leave a comment on the Pink Hair Girl Design group on Ravelry (podcast tells you what your comment should include)
2) for extra entries you can do each of the following:
– tweet about the podcast and the giveaway including me @pinkhairgirl in the tweet
– share on Facebook about the podcast and giveaway (let me know here or on the group so I can count your extra entry)
– Follow me on Instagram and share the instagram picture about the giveaway, again including me in the comment so I can count your entry @pinkhairgirlknits
2) My Son’s Hero Thank you to MockingBirdK1P2 for the encouragement to sew in the ends and let that be part of the story
Sew Together Bag on Craftsy
Hermione’s Everyday socks in Nurturing Fibres Man Sock in the Jacaranda colourway
Heidi Bears Puff the Magic Stegosaurus
Heidi’s Newly released Smaug the Dragon
Rachel’s favourite podcast is the ShinyBees Podcast
A Knitting Adventure with South African Yarn by Dana Biddle
Dana’s website Colourspun
Opal Zirkus Yarn from Trudie
Rachel’s Knit Night was made for her by Clare in the Walk of Tranquility Colourway by For the Love of Yarn and was part of The Golden Skein yarn club
Thanks for listening.
Happy knitting until next time