Welcome to Episode 4: This episode is all about socks.
Rachel is part of the Pay it forward Youth Ambassadors program for the Chaeli Campaign
Castle of Good Hope where we spent Caleb’s birthday.
Nurturing Fibres Spreading the love thread
Dark Matter Knits Podcast by Elizabeth Green Mussleman
TattyTeddy – Celiah Ann (thank you so much I love my hat)
Two at a time socks toe up – best visual tutorial ever by Heidi Bears a must for a beginner sock knitter
Vanilla socks with after thought heel by Carle Dehnigh
Haheda – the noisy bird in the background
Where to get good quality yarn and needles in South Africa- my blog post
Sock Blockers by Strawberry Lane Crafts on Etsy
Nurturing Fibres Man Sock is 40% Merino, 40% Mohair and 20% Nylon – great sock yarn I am really enjoying it
Sock knitters Prize
This prize consists of everything you need to start knitting socks
Yarn: Hartlam in the Calvinia Sock base 80% Superwash Merino, 20% Nylon in the Howling North Wind colourway which Michelle specially dyed for the giveaway. If you can’t wait for the giveaway it is available in her on line shop.
Needles: Knit Pro Nova Fixed circular needles in 2,5mm with 100cm cable from Natural Yarns Gina at Natural yarns sells a lot of the natural locally available yarn here in South Africa. It is well worth a look around her site.
Pattern: Sock Anatomy ebook by Clare Devine. 9 sock patterns for babies to teach you everything you need to know about socks and the different toe and heel constructions. Clare’s attention to detail and beautifully clean layout make this book a dream to knit and learn from.
How to enter:
1) watch the podcast and then leave a comment on the Pink Hair Girl Design group on Ravelry (podcast tells you what your comment should include)
2) for extra entries you can do each of the following:
– tweet about the podcast and the giveaway including me @pinkhairgirl in the tweet
– share on Facebook about the podcast and giveaway (let me know here or on the group so I can count your extra entry)
– Follow me on Instagram and share the instagram picture about the giveaway, again including me in the comment so I can count your entry @pinkhairgirlknits
A huge thank you to Michelle, Gina and Clare for the prizes.
Thanks to Alex and the tip about adding an orange slice to rooibos tea her food blog Inspired Nourishment
Caleb’s sort of Finished Pegasus – Fatty Lumpkin Pattern by Heidi Bears
Girl with cake blog that inspired the raok hat gift
Regular Guy Beanie pattern by Chuck Wright
South African Swap Group – those outside SA are welcome to join if you want a little taste of Africa
Hermione’s Everyday socks in Nurturing Fibres Jacaranda colourway
Thanks for listening
Happy Knitting until next time