I am part of a swap group on Ravelry and the swap at the moment is a Green/Eco inspired swap. I was looking for a pin cushion pattern the other day and I saw this Pin Cushion Jar Topper from the Green Dragonfly in the patterns file and loved it, but sadly I don’t crochet so I set about doing one for knitting. But I do have a lot of baby jars so this was a perfect recycled project for my swap
DK (8ply) Vinnis Cotton or equivalent
3.5mm circular needle
small clean baby jar
Cast on 36 stitches
join in the round using the magic loop method
Row 1-4 Knit a 1×1 twisted rib ( *Knit 1 through back loop purl 1* repeat from *to* around)
Row 5-8 Knit all stitches
Row 9 *knit 4, knit 2 together* Repeat from *to* around
Rows 10, 12, 14 and 16 Knit around
Row 11 *Knit 3, knit 2 together* Repeat from * to * around
Row 13 *knit 2, knit 2 togeter* Repeat from * to * around
Row 15 *knit 1, knit 2 together* Repeat from * to * around
Row 17 Knit 2 together around ( 6 stitches)
Cut off a long tail, thread end onto a darning needle, slip all stiches onto the darning needle and pull closed. Finish and secure the end on the inside.
Add any buttons or embellishments before stuffing
Super glue the jar hat onto the top of a clean baby jar lid, allow to dry. Then fill your jar with knitting accessories like buttons, pins, stitch markers etc and add the pins to the top
I have knitted these few to test the pattern myself but if there were any error when writing it down or anything is unclear please feel free to email me cameronsallyjane (at) gmail.com
The votes are coming in and so far it seems like the first pictures for the pink and blonde hair is in the lead.
It is one that I am really fond of too. I have wanted to go lighter for a while and so now I will start the process of growing out the Atomic Pink from Special Effects and Adding the new Cotton Candy Pink from Manic Panic from the top every time I do my roots. I went to collect my Cotton Candy Amplified from Gabbi at AnonaMiss Beauty Emporium today. They are giving me a pot to try and and review. A lot of people ask me where I get my dye and it is great to have a South African company to refer them to.
So this weekend The Geek, who of course does not dye my hair, will be pleased to be NOT helping me *wink *wink
To share the colour love with readers of the PHG blog and as a small thank you for all the votes. I have a great giveawy for you sponsored by AnonaMiss Beauty Emporium One lucky reader will win a pot of Classic Manic Panic Hair Dye. Have you always wanted to try some colour and were not brave enough? Well enter here and it might just be the push you need.
We have 5 fun colours for you to choose from.
What to do to enter:
– Leave a comment on this blog post, say which colour your would like.
– Make up a cool alter ego name that you would call yourself, if you got to rock your new hair colour. Eg Fuschia Fox, Miss Magenta
– Like AnonaMiss Emporium’s Face Book page for an extra vote, come back here to say you have liked it so I can add a vote for you
– Tweet about the competition, again let me know here so I can count your entries
– Sadly you have to be resident in South Africa to enter.
– I will leave the competition open for a week and next Friday we will draw the winner at midday ( or as close as the kids will allow me) That way you get great colourful news right before the weekend to make you smile
Fear Not, you don’t have to dye all your hair like I do, you can start with a streak or just dye the bottom layer of your hair so that you don’t have the problem or roots growing out, the possibilities are endless.
Colours to choose from are as follows
Classic New Rose Shock
Classic Shocking Blue
Classic Rock ‘n Roll Red
Classic Green Envy
Classic Electric Banana ( just for giggles, don’t know if anyone will be brave enough )
Basic info on the Manic Panic Dye:
- Manic Panic Semi-Permanent hair cream is made from vegan-friendly natural-based ingredients, fortified with herbal and protein complexes with restorative properties.
- The original Classic range offers 28 brightly hued colours, with 14 of these best-selling colours also available in a 30% stronger, longer-lasting Amplified formula! We’re also extremely excited for two new shades of blue that will soon be available!!
- Used correctly on pre-lightened hair it can be used to create intensely bright colours (some even glowing under UV light) or give a highlight of colour over naturally lighter hair.
- Imported from New York, USA, Manic Panic was founded in 1977 by two punk-rock sisters. Although the range includes various alternative beauty products including cosmetics, wigs and hair pieces, Manic Panic is world famous for it’s off-the-chart hair dyes. Over the last three decades Manic Panic hair colour has been worn by the likes of Cindy Lauper, Annie Lenox, Rhianna, Lady Gaga and Katy Perry.
Basic info on AnonaMiss Beauty Emporium:
- Founded in 2010, ABE is the South African Distributor for the Manic Panic brand, as well as our own range of false eyelashes and a stockist of Violent Lips.
- Run by two make-up artists our aim is to add a splash of colour to your life, daring you to be different!
- Based as a home-run business in Cape Town, products can be collected from Northern Suburbs or Big Bay, as well as a selection of products can be purchased from our stockist Masque FX Warehouse in the CBD, or Needle Damage Tattoo Studio in Wynberg.
- We post products countrywide (and sometimes even across our borders) at very reasonable rates.
- Website currently being reconstructed, so please visit us at www.facebook.com/anonamissbeauty or email email@example.com to request a product catalogue.