Julia mentioned on her blog having a word for the year, hers were personal and inspirational. Her word this year is Nurture which I think is so beautiful. My word is way less glamorous.
I am not tidy by nature, in fact I am a bit messy and disorganized. I would rather be doing just about anything than tidying and organizing. I love these sayings
1. I’m creative; you can’t expect me to be neat too!
2. So this isn’t Home Sweet Home… Adjust!
3. Ring Bell for Maid Service…If no answer do it yourself!
4. I clean house every other day…. Today is the other day!
5. If you write in the dust, please don’t date it!
6. I would cook dinner but I can’t find the can opener!
7. My house was clean last week, too bad you missed it!
8. A clean kitchen is the sign of a wasted life.
9. You may touch the dust in this house…but please don’t write in it!
10. Apology…Although you’ll find our house a mess, Come in, sit down, converse. It doesn’t always look like this: Some days it’s even worse.
11. A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen, and this kitchen is delirious.
12. A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand.
13. A clean house is a sign of a misspent life.
14. Help keep the kitchen clean – eat out.
15. Countless number of people have eaten in this kitchen and gone on to lead normal lives.
16. My next house will have no cupboards, just vending machines.
17. Dull women have immaculate homes.
The result is that things get a bit chaotic and I can never find anything. I get frustrated and I think that actually the chaos and stuff makes me cranky and irritable. I am never going to be perfectly tidy but I know that this year I have to work on ways to make the house flow better and be more managable. I have seen some good storage ideas from Pinterest. So my word for 2012 is ORGANIZE
I have started with the school room which I have cleaned out, put half the puzzels and games away and then will cycle them around after a few months. All stationary has a labeled pot or box so lets see how long this lasts.
I have done Rachel’s room, I found it best to do it without her help at night, so I put her to sleep in my room and then worked on hers. Threw out, reorganized and got her new storage boxes. I hope it helps.
Caleb’s room, the study and the Earth Babies room to go. Then I am determined to keep things tidy and work at more ways to make things easier to keep this way.
*** Disclaimer I am sure there are many lovely women that have very tidy immaculate homes. My friend Sharon is one of them and she is not dull, but the sign still makes me giggle***