So it has been a year since I moved to Cape Town and Yme started our lives together. What a year it has been. Here is the run down
- The kids and I moved to Durbanville and Yme was thrown into the deep end with 2 kids. I think the kids and Yme have adapted very well.
- Had to put our ART dreams on hold for finacial reasons, it is still unfinished and I will update it this week
- My nephew was born in London, it sucks that they were so far away and I could not help my sister more.
- The kids and I flew up to Pta for the world cup and to see my younger sister who was visiting from UK. It was lovely to see her
- My dad was in a big car accident when we were in Pta, he drove an old Toyota Camry and I am sure it is this tank of a car that saved him
- We found out that we were rather unexpectantly pregnant.
- My divorce finally went through after almost a year and a half of fighting.
- We started house hunting and found our huisie by die see
- Moved to Melkbosstrand – I hate moving and hope this is the last time for a long long time
- Natasha got sick and went to hospital for the first time
- My sister and little nephew came to visit, it was lovely to meet him
- My kids went to Pta with my mom and sister for a visit and I got 10 days off, it was wonderful
- Flew to fetch the kids just before Christmas
- Had a wonderful Christmas at home, Natasha came out just before and it was so special that she was with us here. Cherished memories.
- Natasha got sick again and was admitted into hospital
- My friends Lucy and Bodo came to visit and stay with us from England
- Titus was born at home into his Daddy’s hands. One of the most amazing memories of my whole life. It might not have seemed like the best timing when we found out, but this little boy has come at just the right time. He joins us and provides joy in a sad time. He is like the cherry on top of our little family
- We had to stand up to a Dr that said our baby was going to die when it was just a skin infection
- Natasha died, I still can not believe it. I miss her. My sisters are all overseas. I was so happy to have a ‘sister’ in Cape Town. At the moment I am cross, I guess the stages of grief, but I am mad that all the things that she would have loved to do with us are now poorer for her not being here. Seeing Titus grow, kids birthdays, shopping, planning weddings, Easter etc etc. And when I get sad I feel so bad and what I feel must be a tiny fraction of what Yme and his family are going through)
So that in a nutshell is our year. On the stress scale I think we tick almost all of the boxes
But you know I through all this Yme and I are more in love than ever. I think if we can weather this last year we can face anything together. He bought be a Lindt bunny yesterday and a Anniversary card. I am not used to someone saying they love me let alone buying me things and writing lovely words expressing it. I love this man very very much.
How was your year?