but I think I might be turning into a geek, who would have know there was a geek inside PHG just waiting to come out! Geek is not a word I would use when describing myself but a few people recently have said that I have some geek cred.
One of my friends said i got a 4/10 on what I know and a bonus 2 as I look like a geek LOL.
These are some of the things I can do, not sure if they add to my geek cred at all
– I run an online ecommerce business
– I can write some very basic and probably shockingly unproper HTML
– I am trying Ubuntu
– I went to watch my first zombie movie and loved it, granted it was a funny zombie movie and i would not cope with a really truly scary one but still
– The really geeky bits like being good at maths and science we will just gloss over
– I have glasses, i think that gives instant geek points
– As much as i thrive on people and need people around me I am quite shy at time
– I now have 3 blogs
– Love star trek and star wars and The big Bang theory is now my all time favourite show
– I met and fell in love with Yme via Twitter – that has to score me big point
– I love gadgets, hate reading the manual and that must be user friendly but I love them
– I want a pacman book case
– I love science fiction and fantasy, okay fantasy more but still
– I love computer game that do not need hectic co-ords, I just have very very little time to play them, but if i did I could be playing a lot
– I was wikipediaing ( hahaha amazing how it can be a verb and noun) the word geek and there was a whole bit on the geek chick and fashions that draw on others like emo, goth,punk, hippie, bohemian. While i know my look is not quite any of those there is a big hippie bit of me and i think my pink docs score a lot of points, and of course I guess the pink hair is somewhat punk/hippie or something.
Any way the problem is that I am not geek enough, I want to be able to fix the problems that happen on my computer, but in my slight geek status at least I use Twitter and the real geeks there to help me.
These last few months of having computer problems and signal issues have really tried my patience to the max, we live in an area that can not get ADSL, we have trees all around so no wireless and the cell phone 3g signal is bad and expensive. None of this conducive to running an on line business. ANd my new sony computer as much as i love it in all it’s pinkness has this silly Vaio stuff on it which makes it run incredibly slowly.
I do not ask much from a computer, I want it to be fast, i want to run chrome, i like having LOTS of window and tabs open at the same time and want it to be fast regardless. I want it to be easy to use and just work, but this seems a lot to ask. I am constantly frustrated. Ubuntu is faster than using windows with the Vaio crap BUT you have to keep finding and loading all sorts of stuff that just plugs in and loads on windows.
*sigh* off to fight with my computer again! And hope that @andrevr on twitter can help me with the vodaphone dongal and Ubuntu issue