I found this when I was packing up and I quite like it. Yes I know it is a tad arb but there are some good tips.
* Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully
* Memorize your favourite poem
* Don’t: believe all you hear, spend all your money, or loaf all you want
* When you say “I love you” mean it.
* When you say “I’m sorry” look the person in the eye
* Be engaged at least 6 months before you get married
* Believe in love at first sight
* Never laugh at anyone’s dreams. People who don’t have dreams don’t have much.
* Love deeply and passionately. You may get hurt, but it’s the only way to live life completely
* In a disagreement, fight fairly. No name-calling.
* Don’t judge people by their relatives, or by the life they were born into.
* Teach yourself to speak slowly but think quickly
* When someone asks you a question you don’t want to answer, smile and ask “why do you want to know?”
* Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
* Call a relative
* Say “bless you”when you hear some sneeze
* when you lose, don’t lose the lesson
* Follow the 3 R’s: Respect for self, respect for others, responsibility for all your actions
* Don’t let a little dispute injure a great friendship
* When you realize you’ve made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it
* Smile when you pick up the phone. The caller will hear it in your voice.
* Marry a person you love to talk to. As you get older his/her conversational skills will be even more important.
* Spend some time alone
* Open your arms to change, but do not let go of your values.
* Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer
* Read more books. Television is no substitute.
* Live a good, honourable life. Then when you get older and think back, you’ll be able to enjoy it a second time
* Trust in God, but lock your car
* A loving atmosphere in your home is the foundation for your life
* Do all you can to create a tranquil, harmonious home.
* In a disagreement with loved ones, deal only with current situations. Don’t bring up the past.
* Don’t just listen to what someone is saying. Listen to why they are saying it.
* Share your knowledge. It’s a way to achieve immortality
* Be gentle with the earth
* never interrupt when you are being flatterned
* Mind your own business
* Don’t trust anyone who does not close his/her eyes when you kiss.
* Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before
* If you make a lot of money, put it to use helping others while you are living. It’s a wealth’s greatest satisfaction.
* Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck
* Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly.
* Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other.
* Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.
*Live with the knowledge that your character is your destiny
* Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon.