These are the show notes for Podcast 6
I did the draw for the wonderful sock prize with the hep of Rachel and the names in a hat.
This was the wonderful prize
This prize consisted of everything you need to start knitting socks
Needles: Knit Pro Nova Fixed circular needles in 2,5mm with 100cm cable from Natural Yarns Gina at Natural yarns sells a lot of the natural locally available yarn here in South Africa. It is well worth a look around her site.
Pattern: Sock Anatomy ebook by Clare Devine. 9 sock patterns for babies to teach you everything you need to know about socks and the different toe and heel constructions. Clare’s attention to detail and beautifully clean layout make this book a dream to knit and learn from.
The winer is lmecoll congrats and I will send you a PM on Ravelry
This episode sees the start of our Sock KAL
Here are the rules:
Come join our sock KAL. Inspired by all our stories of socks and to encourage the new people who have never knitted socks lets have a KAL.
– you must be a member to the Pink Hair Girl Designs Ravelry Group
– Dates: After episode 6 airs until 17 September, which is Rachel’s birthday (I will record this weekend and it should be up early next week)
– You can enter any project started between these dates, but not before or after ( so I better hurry up and finish the socks I have on the needles)
– You can use your project to join this KAL and others KALs too, just check their rules too.
– There will be prizes, definitely sock yarn to feed our addiction, but other prizes to be announced as we go.
– Every sock project you finish ( 2 completed socks, no 2nd sock syndrome) during this time can be entered. Even baby socks, they just have to be socks.
– No limit to the number of times you enter, each entry must just have it’s own post so it gets a number for the draw.
– any pattern and any yarn is welcome
– To enter your socks, post a picture of the completed socks on the FO thread and tag them with PHGsockKAL. Remember a new post for every completed pair of socks
– The thread will be locked the midnight of 17 September South Africa time and winner(s) drawn using the random number generator on the next podcast following that.
– I will announce the winner on the podcast and earburn you on Ravelry, from that point you have 30 days to contact me to claim your prize or it will be forfeited.
There is a chatter thread
You can chat about your sock planning before the KAL starts
Share your progress
Ask questions and get support if you are new to sock knitting
I will have a separate no chatter thread just for Finished Objects and I will use that to draw prizes from.
SA swap group if you would like to join
Heidi Bears Stegosaurus
My swap parcel Yarn is Hartlam in the Calvinia Sock base 80% Superwash Merino, 20% Nylon in the Splendiferous colourway
My parcel was from Methetling – thank you so much
Hermione’s Everyday socks in Nurturing Fibres Man Sock in the Jacaranda colourway
knitsforklipskaap: Clare Divine designed the mittens that I am dying to cast on, her new book which is a collaboration with Ginger Twist Studio is out, check her group for details Yarn and Pointy Sticks
Carrabea lost her winter is coming shawl
I lost my Summer Flies in Araucania Ruca Multy colourway 8 100% sugar cane yarn
Thanks for watching