I feel cheated

I have an unwelcome visitor. With Rachel Aunt Flow only came back after 15 months. With Caleb it was 11 months and now this time it is a day short of 6 months! What is going on with that. All this breast feeding my enormous giant baby and still not even a good 10 or 11 months without a monthly visitor. For most of us a period is rather a hassle but it happens and we deal with it. I used to be like this. Now I am one of the unlucky that get menorrhagia, I have blogged about it before “I love being a woman”

Basically I get very very heavy periods and sever cramping. It makes life quite uncomfortable during the first few days. So my options are much the same as they were then. Except having populated the world a little more already I am leaning more and more towards the take it all out options. But…

I am sleep deprived and don’t even have nearly enough time to do the things I need to do. But…
I feel finished having kids, I struggle with the baby stage and this time in no exception, Titus is delighful and as things go he is an easy baby, but babies are babies and they take time and really limit what you can do and the time you need to get things done is quadrupled.But..

I really blame all these buts on Carle we had a conversation which got me thinking about Dads and their girls and would it not be sweet for Yme to experience having a girl from the baby stage. I am so over having babies. I can’t imagine coping with 4, my sanity is hanging on a tender thread as it is.

I should really just go and see the Dr and discuss the options. For the mean time it is back to the Menstral cup for me.

While googling I came across this list of euphemisms from around the world for a period. Funny I have never heard of the South African one and no one else had either when I asked on Twitter.

The Netherlands: “The tomato soup is overcooked”
Brazil: “I’m with Chico”
China: “Little Sister has come”
many parts of Latin America: “Jenny has a red dress on”
Australia: “I’ve got the flags out”
Denmark: “There are Communists in the funhouse”
Ireland: “I’m wearing a jam rag”
England: “I’m flying the Japanese flag”
Japan: “Little Miss Strawberry”
France: “The English have arrived”
Germany: “The cranberry woman is coming”
Puerto Rico: “Did the rooster already sing?”
South Africa: “Granny’s stuck in traffic”

Have you hear the SA one before?
What do you call that time of the month?
And please talk some sanity into me, 3 kids is enough right???

Tags: , , , ,

11 Responses to "I feel cheated"

1. tanya says:

Waaaah!!! I love ‘I’m with chico’ hahahahaha!!

Sorry, no helpful advice to give :/ I can’t imagine coping with ONE!! Let alone three or four! Big props to mommies!

2. Tania says:

I would have another one in a heartbeat. But I hear you on the failing sanity and the sleep deprivation :)

3. JaneF says:

I always just said ‘I have my period’… have you considered the Mirena? I used to have very heavy, clotty and crampy periods (seriously it was like being in labour every month) the Mirena is fabulous. I don;t even have periods anymore and the hormone regulation part is great too. Virtually no side-effects and lots of benefits. :)

4. Alma says:

Some of these expressions for periods are hilarious particularly the Danish and Dutch ones. I have never heard that SA one.
    My Mom had 3 boys but tried one last time and here I am (she had all 4 of us within 5.5 years. Eek!)
    You will make the right decision for yourself and your family. There is no right or wrong answer to this one. Good Luck! :-)

5. Pinkhairgirl says:

I did think of it Jane. Going to go chat to my GP and see what she thinks

6. Julia says:

These terms are hillarious!
    I usually just say I have my period.
    I really couldn’t do sleep deprivation and the like again – this time I WOULD go insane.
    I love being pregnant. I don’t like what comes afterwards.
    Good Luck with whatever you decide.x

7. Pinkhairgirl says:

Today made up my mind. I can’t do this again. A baby is just so limiting on your time. And when they are cranky nothing get done, it drives me mad.

8. Elaine says:

In Afrikaans we say “Tannie met die rooi karretjie het kom kuier” or “My ouma is hier”

9. FOr me, 3 is more than enough. I also have heavy and bad periods and the mirena did not work for me – made a mess of my skin. So I am on Yaz – 2 or 3 day period max,. some months none. But do not think you can use it while breastfeeding.

10. Esther says:

Afrikaans: “Die rooi russe is in die hawe” or “dis daai tyd van die maand – it’s THAT time of the month”

11. Pinkhairgirl says:

Oh no don’t say that. It is such a lot of money if I don’t like it and what to take it out. *sigh* guess I will have to choose something though