A lot of people have these on their blogs and I actually love reading them so I thought I would do one myself. So if you really really want to know some arb stuff about me then here is your chance, if not I totally understand not wanting to read this much crap about some chic with pink hair.
1) I like chocolate cover raisins a lot
2) In fact I like sweet stuff in general, and all the weird ones too like Turkish delight and liquorish. Not so wild about marzipan though.
3) I can’t sit still for more than 3 nano seconds. ( maybe it is all the sugar – no really I can’t sit still anyway, even when I cut out sugar) I wriggle and fidget and move most of the time. I am that annoying person that plays with the candle wax when you go out. I wriggle in my chair at movies and change position often. I have no idea how people just sit down and then get up at the end of a movie without having moved.
4) I tried to give up all sugar once after I read this article Sugar the sweet thief of life I did not succeed very well.
5) I am a middle child – does that mean something?
6) I have 2 sisters – my poor dad the only guy surrounded by 4 women, but he has a grandson now
7) I miss my sisters, they both live in the UK and I feel very disconnected from them
8) I talk too much and sometime find myself interrupting others not because I am rude or even usually aware that I am doing it, it is just that my brain goes at 100 miles an hour and the words just pour out sometimes. (so sorry if I do this to you, I really do try not to but as I said it happen unconsciously sometimes)
9) I blame growing up in a house where we talked a lot and conversation and debate were common and you just all spoke at the same time and conversation meandered in and out with some starting ideas and others adding and so conversation moved and developed. I forget you can’t always do that with other people. In my family you can add an idea in mid sentence and then look at it for a while and go back to the original idea if needed or just go with the new flow.
10) that said I am a good listener and can often see things people think they have hidden well.
11) I love a good argument/debate, it is not even about winning ( well yes I guess it is) but it is the joy and fun of working with an idea and seeing how it stands up to another idea. Sometimes you realize you need to amend your argument as the other person has a valid point and sometimes you are the one to prove the validity of your argument, but often you have to agree to disagree and that is totally cool too.
12) I can’t sing – really really can’t sing at all. – if fact I think I have zero musical ability
13) but I know a lot more about classical oboe and reed making than most people (I lived with a oboe player friend in Switzerland for a while)
14) I was a nanny to twins in Basel Switzerland for a year
15) I baked space cakes the one day while I was looking after them – no I did not eat them while working, I just baked them for later. Had to open all the windows in February in Switzerland to get rid of the smell.
16) I have smoked and eaten my fair share of weed when I was younger but never done any other drugs
17) I did a little bit of cross country skiing but would love to learn to ski or snow board properly – I just worry that I am too uncoordinated, but I am going to try when I get the chance.
18) I did the most amazing trip around Europe in the summer of 2000 with my best friend Heather. There are memories of a lifetime in that trip.
19) 4 words that you will not understand the true meaning of unless you have been there ‘Pink Palace Corfu Greece’
20) I can speak a tiny bit of broken German
21) I love to travel, my ex hated it. There is so many places I still want to go to and so many I would love to go back to.
22) I would love to travel with a guy next time, I think it could bring a whole new dimension to the experience.
23) I like to see the less touristy parts of a place and really get to know what it is like rather than just the façade that it puts on for those who visit briefly
24) Barcelona is one of my favourite cities; maybe it is because I like mosaic and so Gaudi and his amazing mosaic and strange architecture all over really appeal to me.
25) I want to see Hunderwaser house in Vienna for much the same reason
26) I would love to own a house that I can express my personality in; I want mosaic, colour, shape and form that is flowing open and unique.
27) There is this book I look at often in Exclusive books, it is called Houses in the sun, written by 2 architects called House and House , I dream of being able to have a house like one of these, but right now I can’t even afford the book let alone a house like that. – one day…
28) I would love to have a huge herb garden.
29) All things natural appeal to me, but I like the modern conveniences of life too, the challenge is to find a balance.
30) I am dyslexic and who decided that this was a good word to use!? People who can’t spell do not want to use spell check each time they wish to name the condition they have! Letters and numbers just don’t do quite what they should inside our heads.
31) I usually have a word document open on my pc at all times so when I am chatting to people or using a platform that does not have spell check I can quickly check how to spell all the great words that pop onto my head during conversation. So if you are chatting to me and there is a delay in me answering I am probably checking my spelling quickly.
32) I love spell check
33) Numbers and maths confuse me totally, like I just don’t get them at all. They don’t seem to do the same thing in my head as they do in other peoples’ heads. I can’t do mental arithmetic for love nor money. Adding up my part of a bill when out sends me into a cold sweat. I always worry I did it wrong and did not pay the right amount.
34) – I hate it when people always think bad spelling is just laziness or an indication of your intelligence, I was told to read more at school that it would help me spelling. Ja right, like 6 books a week was not enough!
35) My standard 1 teacher told my mom not to expect much from me as with my learning difficulties I would struggle – fuck you lady I have a university degree and own my own business.
36) I swear too much, especially since I think that there are such fantastic word in our great language that could make a point so much more eloquently and with far more impact, but sometimes fuck is just the word you need
37) I love reading, words to so beautiful and books can touch your life. They really are soul food.
38) I want to read as many books as I can on the 101 books to read before you die. as you can see I am not doing all that well yet
39) I never read only one book at a time, in fact I think I am reading 4 at the moment.
40) I am a trained nurse and midwife, I do not like general nursing much but there is something about birth and death that is a privilege to be part of.
41) Before having kids I was a Palliative Care Nurse Specialist. Care of terminally ill patients for those that are too lazy to Google.
42) I have seen more dead bodies than most people.
43) I have been with families when loved ones died but have not lost anyone besides Grandparents myself yet. And the thought is too terrifying to even contemplate.
44) I love teaching/facilitating learning
45) I lectured in Palliative care
46) I broke my arm horse riding when I was 12
47) It was the first time I had broken anything or had stitches I did a good job, both bone straight through and the whole wrist was displaced, needed 3 ops, screws and plates.
48) I can’t hold my right hand flat with the palm up since I broke my arm.
49) I have not ridden a horse since and not sure I ever will
50) I wear contact lenses, I am very blind without them. I hate it when I take out my contact without first having found my glasses, because then I search around with my nose 2cm from the counter tops trying to find them.
51) I often have to get my kids to help me find my glasses
53) I was okay about having surgery for my boobs but would be terrified to have that corrective eye laser thingy.
54) I ran the comrades marathon once
55) I will never run the comrades marathon again, I would do the 2 Oceans again but have no desire to do Comrades again. I am so very very glad that I did it, it was on my bucket list.
56) I would love to do a triathlon
57) I will never do a triathlon as I can’t ride a bike
58) No really really I can not ride a bicycle and I am too scared to try and I go into why learning would be bad for me here
59) I do own a fairly expensive yellow mountain bike though.
60) I have over 40 different skirts, I love skirts especially long maxi length skirts, but I have recently bought some shorter ones and am quite liking them too.
61) I lived in England for 2 year on 2 different occasions, and hate it both times.
62) I get SAD (seasonal affective disorder) if I don’t see the sun often.
63) I have had 2 home waterbirths, one was an unassisted birth – no medical professionals attending. My best friend Dimity was there as support for me she is a nurse but was not there in her medical capacity.
64) My daughter watched her brother being born
65) I thought I was finished having kids but now am open to the idea that if I meet someone who wants kids I could have more.
66) I always wear mascara; I have very light eyelashes that you can hardly see.
67) I love having pink hair
68) I love watching people’s reactions to my pink hair, although I don’t do it for the reaction.
69) I am an ENFP – Myers Briggs Personality test
70) I am not a completer finisher at all, I am the passionate ideas person. I love ideas and talking about them, it does not matter if most of them never happen the fun is having the ideas.
71) I am not tidy by nature, I do try but there is always a little bit of chaos around me. If things are too neat and organised and orderly it make me nervous, you cant just live and relax and be at home if it is too perfect.
72) I love sushi
73) I have a sushi mat and like trying to make it at home, I am not very good but it is fun.
74) Food should be about so much more than just nutrients, it is a whole sensory experience.
75) I love trying new things to cook and eat but am reduced to fish fingers and the like when the kids are little. No point in spending ages in the kitchen and they won’t eat it anyway.
76) I have a pasta maker and love making home made pasta, there is something quite therapeutic about rolling it.
77) I love coffee, good coffee not instant stuff.
78) I like wine and would love to learn more and be a more discerning wine drinker, but at the moment I could never afford really good wine so maybe it is better I do not train my palette just yet.
79) I don’t like driving and would always rather be driven.
80) My cars have always had names, some girls and some boys but the name always comes to me when I am driving there was Matilda, Samantha, Robert ( who now belongs to D) I have recently bought my mom’s car so I hope it will have a name soon – but these things can’t be rushed it will tell me its name in good time.
81) My car in the UK was the only one I never named, maybe because it was never really mine.
82) I live in a small double story flat next to my parents house, it is close enough that they are a great support, but separate enough to give us all our own space and independence.
83) I hate washing dishes and sometimes take my dishes on a tray over to my parent’s dishwasher.
84) I don’t have a TV in my flat, there is a large flat screen TV in the garage that belongs to my ex but I feel wrong using it now so I don’t. It just sits in the garage with the rest of his stuff. The kids watch TV at my parent’s house.
85) I am a Gemini and I think rather than 2 personalities I just have a head and a heart that often pull in different directions. Mostly my heart wins and I am not sure this is such a good idea but it is very persuasive
86) I want a chocolate Labrador
87) I am more of a dog person than a cat person.
88) I am not fond of reptiles and my kids will not be allowed to have snake, spiders, lizards or any of these strange creatures unless I find a future partner/husband/boyfriend person that likes them and is willing to help the kids look after them.
89) Fish seem totally pointless pets to me.
90) I loved dogs so much that I wanted to be a vet when I was a kid, I even worked a few holidays at our local vet.
91) I wear Clarins Par Amour as my everyday perfume and Coco Chanel Mademoiselle as my going out special perfume.
92) I am usually late
93) I have no sense of direction and am often lost. In fact soon after we get into the car my kids usually ask if we are lost. As soon as I can afford it I am going to buy a GPS thingy.
94) I don’t instinctively know my left from my right. I have scars on my right arm from my horse riding accident and this is how I know which is right.
95) I run an internet based business but actually know very little about computers and it frustrates me.
96) My love language is physical touch.
97) I can sew and knit but don’t get much time to do either
98) I am creative but not really arty. I always have a few crafty type projects on the go and like trying new things. My latest one was this mosaic table. I am rather fickle and never do the same craft too many times over as I get bored, that said I actually quite like mosaic because there is so much you can do with it. We will see how long it lasts
99) I have done tie dye, candle wicking, quilting, batik, fabric painting, candle making, paper making, natural vegetable dyeing, scrap booking, beading and I am sure there are more that I have not thought of yet.
100) I have renumbered this list numerous times as I thought of things that followed on from ideas I had already listed. I wanted to wait to the end to number it but then I got tired of counting how many I still needed to do.
101) I have started introducing myself as Sally-Jane to new people that I meet, I don’t expect people who have known me for ages to change and start calling me both but I really love my name and want to use the full name.